Nutrition Ambition

Welcome to my vegan food blog! When it comes to food, my philosophy is that taking time to lovingly prepare your own meals can result in better health and greater life satisfaction. I use natural, whole ingredients to create nourishing, exciting meals which replenish mind, body and spirit. Enjoy!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Easy Pasta Bake

When lunch time rolled around this afternoon, Rutiger and I were famished for something quick but yummy. In his own words, I am a "miracle worker" for making this...yes, it really is that good. Here's how to make it:
* 1 pound cooked tube- or spiral-shaped pasta
* 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
* 1 container firm tofu (not silken) drained and mashed with the following seasonings:
* 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
* 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* Pinch of salt
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* chopped veggies such as broccoli, bell pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, etc.
Simply mix everything together in a large bowl and put into a lightly oiled casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, until hot all the way through. Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger SNK said...

Yes, I took my leftovers and ate them right away. Simply srcumptious!

2:30 PM  
Blogger SNK said...

I forgot to mention, the salad was great, also.

12:52 PM  
Blogger SNK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nummy! I love baked pasta dishes, and this looks truly divine! Yummy...makes me hungry!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home