Nutrition Ambition

Welcome to my vegan food blog! When it comes to food, my philosophy is that taking time to lovingly prepare your own meals can result in better health and greater life satisfaction. I use natural, whole ingredients to create nourishing, exciting meals which replenish mind, body and spirit. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sprouted Carob Cookies

Here's another one from my new favorite cookbook, A Celebration of Wellness by James Levin M.D. and Natalie Cederquist. These cookies are made from sprouted wheat, which is easy to do, but takes a couple days. Once the wheat is sprouted, the cookies bake for an hour at a low temperature. This may seem a little time-consuming but the result--a healthy, nutritous yet rich cookie--is worth it. I also find that putting time and care into the food you eat is important and a big part of good nutrition.
Sprouting grains has many benefits, mainly increased nutritional value and makes the grains easier to digest. My first sprouting experience wasn't that great. I made some raw sprouted wheat energy balls. They tasted pretty good, and I ended up eating most of them the same day. I don't know for sure if it was the raw sprouted wheat, but something in that concoction made me ill. So, this time around, baking the cookies sounded like a good idea and I was enticed to try this recipe. So far, I feel fine!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Holy schmoly! Now I know what to bake next! Carob is a godsend and the recipe sounds divine, Roxy! Kudos for the blog update in such spectacular fashion! Thanks for commenting on my blog...You have no idea how much I appreciate the input and hope to hear from you again soon!

11:20 PM  
Blogger SNK said...

Well, these cookies rock. You really know you're eating them, which is good for when you're extra hungry and you need a little pick-me-up. I'd also like to add that vegetarians/vegans taste better. Also, drummers(and bass players, too) do it with rhthym. End of transimission. Roxy, you rock my world.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home