Nutrition Ambition

Welcome to my vegan food blog! When it comes to food, my philosophy is that taking time to lovingly prepare your own meals can result in better health and greater life satisfaction. I use natural, whole ingredients to create nourishing, exciting meals which replenish mind, body and spirit. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Banana Walnut Muffins


These muffins are Rudiger's favorite. Moist and sweet, slightly chewy with that surprise crunch of the walnuts--yummy! Here's the recipe: (makes 12 medium-size muffins)
* 3 ripe bananas, mashed
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 cups whole grain flour (I recommend spelt)
* 1/2 to 3/4 cup sucanat or other natural, unrefined sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
* 1/2 cup almond, soy, or rice milk
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 12-cup muffin pan. Mix the mashed bananas with the olive oil in a small mixing bowl, set aside. In a larger mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder and stir well. Add in the banana mixture along with the milk and walnuts. Mix just until everything comes together. Fill the muffin cups with the batter just shy of the top, and bake for 25-30 minutes until the tops are brown.

3 Comments:

Blogger SNK said...

I like to eat those. I get a ration of them that I take back to my lair, and you know the rest. Max Wine-burg 7! Bruce Springsteen! Conan does the hair flip thingy, oh lordy! You ain't seen nothin' till you've been down on a banana walnut muffin!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Matt and Bobbie said...

Kenny--you are making no sense. I would appreciate it if you did not use my blog as a forum for your silly antics...just kidding.

6:35 AM  
Blogger SNK said...

Yes, baby...I mean Roxy.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home