Nutrition Ambition

Welcome to my vegan food blog! When it comes to food, my philosophy is that taking time to lovingly prepare your own meals can result in better health and greater life satisfaction. I use natural, whole ingredients to create nourishing, exciting meals which replenish mind, body and spirit. Enjoy!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Tempeh Lettuce Wraps

Tempeh is my #1 favorite soy product. So today, I had some tempeh in the fridge and found it to be too irresistable to pass up for a yummy lunch. A tempeh, avocado and tomato sandwich was the first thing to come to mind, but...no bread! So I put on my clever vegan thinking cap and came up with these lettuce wraps. Here's how to make them: Simply marinade tempeh slices (I used the marinade from the tofu-veggie kabob post) for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut up some veggies (I used avocado and sauteed red/yellow bell peppers) and pre-heat a pan with a touch of olive oil in it. Lightly pan-fry the tempeh until brown 3-5 minutes each side. Fill the fresh, crisp lettuce leaves with some veggies and 1 or 2 tempeh slices. Fold in half like a soft taco and enjoy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh lordy, Tempeh is god....and when paired with avocado? Forget about it! I personally love Green Cuisine's Indonesian tempeh, but any kind (except for mushroom...ewwwww) rocks my stripey socks!

10:03 AM  
Blogger SNK said...

She says oh lordy, too! I like mushrooms...one time I ate some and went to the LOTR:The Two Towers with my brother, Neil. He was swearing during the trailer for Dumb and Dumber-er. Doesn't Roxy like the soundtrack to Dumb and Dumber? The lady next to me smelled like really strong perfume. Anyway, Tempeh is good, end of story.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home