Nutrition Ambition

Welcome to my vegan food blog! When it comes to food, my philosophy is that taking time to lovingly prepare your own meals can result in better health and greater life satisfaction. I use natural, whole ingredients to create nourishing, exciting meals which replenish mind, body and spirit. Enjoy!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Loaf Adventures

I must admit, before going vegan, the thought of a "vegetarian loaf" was pretty unappetizing. Dry, dense and flavorless are all adjectives that came to mind. And then, last Thanksgiving I thought I'd give the loaf a try. I wasn't terribly impressed with the results--crumbly, pale, and not the rich, hearty holiday loaf I was expecting. Nevertheless, being the tenacious, adventurous vegan that I am, I just had to give the loaf another chance! This time I chose the recipe from A Celebration of Wellness. Onions, garlic, sage, basil, mushrooms and green peppers--how could I go wrong? So I made this loaf and was it ever tasty! It reminds me of the meatloaf my papa used to make.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I will definately be trying these out! I have been looking for a good old homestyle 'niceloaf' for a loooooooooooong time!
Hey, if you get the chance, check out my vegan blog...we've got some similar tastes!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home