Nutrition Ambition

Welcome to my vegan food blog! When it comes to food, my philosophy is that taking time to lovingly prepare your own meals can result in better health and greater life satisfaction. I use natural, whole ingredients to create nourishing, exciting meals which replenish mind, body and spirit. Enjoy!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Block Party

Last night was the neighborhood block party, so when the invite said to bring a dish to pass, I immediately scoured my cookbooks for something yummy to make. It turns out, I didn't need any cookbook, being the creative vegan that I am! I invented this pasta salad and it turned out to be delicious! Here's what I threw in (no need for measurements): cooked spinach-flavored whole grain pasta (I like EDEN brand), artichoke hearts, black olives, celery, red and yellow bell pepper, red onion, white beans, and a simple vinaigrette: apple cider vinegar, olive oil, dried Italian herbs, and a touch of salt and maple syrup. You can use any ratio of vinegar to oil that you like, but I prefer about 2 tablespoons oil to 1/4-1/3 cup vinegar. This can also be made for one person or ten.
Of all the dishes spread out at the party, mine was definitely the most colorful and delicious-looking, not to mention the healthiest!

4 Comments:

Blogger SNK said...

Yes, it's true. This dish was D-lish!
Not to be confused with D-list. Hell-to-the-yeah, Roxy. I ate some, and it got me over my pasta salad phobia. Don't tell ME!

10:37 AM  
Blogger SNK said...

Mmm...I sure could go for some of your yummy cooking right now, Roxy. I think my dvd rendering might just work out. Wish me luck. Up the vegans!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yummmm........
Oh man, pasta salad is such a touchy subject for my palate, and you pulled it off incredibly! thanks for sharing this recipe...it rocked my world!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Matt and Bobbie said...

I'm glad you liked it!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home