Nutrition Ambition

Welcome to my vegan food blog! When it comes to food, my philosophy is that taking time to lovingly prepare your own meals can result in better health and greater life satisfaction. I use natural, whole ingredients to create nourishing, exciting meals which replenish mind, body and spirit. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Cranberry Pecan Wild Rice

This creation was inspired by one of my favorite things to get around Thanksgiving time at my local natural food store--their cranberry pecan rice. It's so yummy and simple and reminds me of the holidays. Now that it's autumn, I thought it would be perfect to make myself. So here's how to make it:
* 1 cup uncooked wild rice
* 3 cups water
* 2 green onions chopped
* 1/3 cup dried cranberries
* 1/3 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
* salt and black pepper to taste
Rinse the rice thoroughly, then add it to a medium-size sauce pan along with 3 cups of water. Put the lid on and bring to a boil, then lower the heat to low and simmer for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the water is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients and serve chilled or at room temperature. Of course, you can adjust the onion, pecans and cranberry amounts to your liking, as well as expand it to make as much as you need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home