Nutrition Ambition

Welcome to my vegan food blog! When it comes to food, my philosophy is that taking time to lovingly prepare your own meals can result in better health and greater life satisfaction. I use natural, whole ingredients to create nourishing, exciting meals which replenish mind, body and spirit. Enjoy!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Pan Bagna

Don't ask me what the words "Pan Bagna" mean--all I know is that it is the name of a delicious sandwich, the recipe of which you can find in Moby's book, Teany Book. Although every one of the recipes in the book look amazing and all of which I intent to make at some point, this one really sparked my interest. Probably because of the hyped-up paragraph leading up to the actual recipe, claiming this is the sandwich I was born to make and eat.

I do have one note of caution if you decide to make this sandwich--and you must--use the olive tapanade sparingly. I am not ashamed to admit I had never tasted olive tapanade before making this, and I must say, it is amazing. My point is, although it is wonderfully tasty, a little goes a long way! I slathered it on my sandwich rather thickly and it ended up over-powering the rest of the ingredients with its salty-garlicy pungetness. Also, the book gives a specific order to lay on the veggies and you will be well-advised to follow the order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home