Nutrition Ambition

Welcome to my vegan food blog! When it comes to food, my philosophy is that taking time to lovingly prepare your own meals can result in better health and greater life satisfaction. I use natural, whole ingredients to create nourishing, exciting meals which replenish mind, body and spirit. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Picnic, The Sequel

JenniferSchmoo doesn't get to have all the fun! For my picnic on Friday, I used up the leftover mashed tofu from Wednesday's stuffed pasta shells and turned it into eggless egg salad. You can find the recipe in a previous post of mine. With the egg salad I threw in some toasted bread squares (I didn't have any crackers). I have discovered NaSoya's Creamy Dill dressing and love it! It is great in eggless egg salad in place of veganaise or a homemade version, as a spread on Tofurkey sandwiches, or as a dip with veggies. I like to stir in extra dried dill, because I really don't think it has enough dill flavor.

I also packed a small salad of fresh organic lettuce, spinach and carrots with Goddess Dressing in the cute little container. Right above the salad is my new favorite thing: vanilla soy yogurt with rhubarb compote. The sweet, creamy yogurt paired with the tangy, fruity rhubarb is a heavenly combination and makes for a light, healthy sweet treat. Yummm!! You have to make this. Just take about 4 long stalks of rhubarb and chop them into small pieces. Place them in a saucepan with a few tablespoons of water, cover, and bring to a simmer. Turn down the heat, uncover, and simmer gently until the rhubarb falls apart and resembles thin jam. Stir in 2-3 tablespoons of sugar and stir until dissolved. Let cool before spooning over yogurt or ice cream.

This was a great lunch that gave me plenty of energy for a 2-mile bike ride!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Wow! I just discovered your blog and it's great! So colorful and interesting! I've bookmarked ya and will definitely be back!

~~Tofu Mom

9:56 AM  
Blogger Matt and Bobbie said...

Thanks tofu mom! I appreciate it!

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home