Nutrition Ambition

Welcome to my vegan food blog! When it comes to food, my philosophy is that taking time to lovingly prepare your own meals can result in better health and greater life satisfaction. I use natural, whole ingredients to create nourishing, exciting meals which replenish mind, body and spirit. Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Decadent 4-Ingredient Chocolate Truffles

I have had a mean sweet tooth lately, so when I saw dates, cocoa powder and peanut butter in my fridge, the wheels started turning. Truffles! They turned out perfectly with a smooth, creamy texture and rich flavor. If these won't satisfy your chocolate craving, I don't know what will!

Ingredients (makes about 10-12 small truffles):
* 8-9 dates, pitted and soaked a few hours if not overnight
* 1 1/2 tablespoons good-quality natural cocoa powder
* 2 heaping tablespoons natural smooth peanut butter (or any nut butter...almond would be wonderful)
* shredded dried coconut and/or cocoa powder, for rolling
In a food processor, combine the dates and nut butter and blend until smooth. Add in the cocoa powder and blend again. You may need to add a couple teaspoons of water if the mixture is too dry and crumbly. The finished mixture should have a smooth, moist, fudge-like consistancy and not be too sticky. Roll the truffles into small bite-size balls and roll in coconut or cocoa powder. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger urban vegan said...

I'm so there.

2:29 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Wow. That sounds amazing! Dates, cocoa powder and peanut butter? Oh my!

11:16 PM  
Blogger LucyDelRey said...

Thanks for the recipe!! I'm going to make it with Medjool dates and raw cashews since I don't have any nut butter at home. I love your blog!!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home