Nutrition Ambition

Welcome to my vegan food blog! When it comes to food, my philosophy is that taking time to lovingly prepare your own meals can result in better health and greater life satisfaction. I use natural, whole ingredients to create nourishing, exciting meals which replenish mind, body and spirit. Enjoy!

Monday, May 21, 2007

Let's go on a Picnic!


Ever since I got my Laptop Lunch Bento Box (thanks to JenniferSchmoo for popularizing this great product!) packing meals to-go has been so much fun. I found the cute fruit and veggie stickers at the art and craft store, and just had to slap a few on my lunchbox!

The day was beautiful and I had enough time to take a bike ride down to the park for a little impromptu picnic. So, I packed a Tofurkey sandwich on sprouted grain bread with fresh spinach and Dijon vinaigrette. Baby organic radishes (wow they were spicy!) from our CSA box, organic carrots, and a fresh juicy orange. A pretty basic lunch, but very healthy and fresh--perfect for a picnic on a gorgeous spring day.

A lot of people ask Jennifer on her blog if these lunch boxes are big enough for an adult. I say YES!! I am a pretty big eater (last night at dinner, I ate 4 or 5 big pieces of veggie pizza and 2 cupcakes--my dining companions were staring at me, wondering where I was putting it all), but there were two radishes and about half the carrots rolling around in my lunchbox today. I was more than full. I think especially if you include lots of whole grains and veggies in your lunch, you will get filled up rather than if you are eating white bread, sweets, and chips which is basically fat and sugar and is digested really quickly and leaves you hungry and cranky an hour later.

3 Comments:

Blogger bazu said...

Oooh, I love those laptop lunchboxes. I just can't wait until I have an actual, outside of the home job, so I have an excuse to buy and use one of those!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Matt and Bobbie said...

I don't have an outside-of-home job either, but I used mine everyday when I went to community college and also obviously for picnics! It makes for a good excuse to eat outside!

6:45 PM  
Blogger bazu said...

Oh, I know, I love eating outside so much. Our weather has *finally* gotten warm- and stayed that way.

P.S. I wanted to let you know that I tagged you for a meme on my blog- I hope you can check it out and participate!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home