Nutrition Ambition

Welcome to my vegan food blog! When it comes to food, my philosophy is that taking time to lovingly prepare your own meals can result in better health and greater life satisfaction. I use natural, whole ingredients to create nourishing, exciting meals which replenish mind, body and spirit. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Cooking as Therapy

I'm back! Moving was a success, but I am STILL not totally unpacked yet. It's a little frustrating to be so bogged down by material possessions. Which leads me to the subject of this post. So, lately I've been feeling down-in-the-dumps with the stress of moving, being newly single (which is very bitter-sweet) and some other personal issues. It might sound cheesy, but all this stress and anxiety has really made me realize how important cooking is to me. Feeling in need of some cooking therapy, Friday night I cracked open my copy of Nava Atlas's Vegetarian Family Cookbook and made Teriyaki Tofu Triangles. Halfway through cutting the tofu and mixing the marinade, I started to feel like my old self. Pretty soon I was getting my fingers dirty in that luscious teriyaki marinade and singing "This Little Light of Mine..." I felt uplifted and comforted by what I was creating: something nourishing, pure, and honest...not to mention really, really yummy! Note-if you don't have Vegetarian Family Cookbook, get it. Really. If you love easy, simple, comforting yet healthy recipes, this book is for you, whether you just cook for yourself, or for your whole family.

By the way, I will be making Nava's Teriyaki Tofu again and will dedicate a whole post to it--yes, it's that good! I'm also getting a new camera soon (like, tomorrow) and am very excited about posting pictures again!! I am also looking forward to being able to cook a lot more than I have in the last couple months. Roxy's back and better than ever!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to you. I love cooking and baking wonderful wholesome foods. It feels so good to be in the kitchen creating healthy organic vegan earth friendly food that nourishes the soul completely.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home