Nutrition Ambition

Welcome to my vegan food blog! When it comes to food, my philosophy is that taking time to lovingly prepare your own meals can result in better health and greater life satisfaction. I use natural, whole ingredients to create nourishing, exciting meals which replenish mind, body and spirit. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hot Cocoa

I spent over an hour and a half yesterday shoveling the driveway, which was quite the workout, and I was chilled to the bone when I was done. So, I said out loud: "Hot cocoa sounds really good right now!" I remembered I had a small bit of cocoa powder left over from when I made chocolate cupcakes several days ago, so I used it up in this simple, delicious hot cocoa:
Ingredients: (for one serving)
* 1 1/4 cup soymilk (I like Eden brand)
* 1 tablespoon natural cocoa powder (do not use Dutch or alkali processed)
* 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup

Heat the soymilk in a saucepan or in the microwave just until it simmers. Combine the maple syrup and cocoa powder in the bottom of a mug and stir until the cocoa melts. Pour in the hot milk and stir until well combined. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Raw Vegan Momma said...

My daughter loves cocoa. It was one of my favorite drinks as a child.
Thanks for stopping by. I'm enjoying your blog. :-)
Blessings...

6:15 PM  
Blogger Raw Vegan Momma said...

I just noticed that you attend Clayton College! So do I! :-)

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yours sounds so much better than the pre-packaged stuff!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home