Nutrition Ambition

Welcome to my vegan food blog! When it comes to food, my philosophy is that taking time to lovingly prepare your own meals can result in better health and greater life satisfaction. I use natural, whole ingredients to create nourishing, exciting meals which replenish mind, body and spirit. Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Paella

For Christmas dinner, I thought I'd make something special for my sister and I to enjoy while the rest of the family ate ham. So, I splurged on a $7 packet of saffron, the most expensive spice on earth. I got the recipe here, on the Whole Foods website. I used long-grain brown rice instead of white rice, which bumped the cooking time up to about 40 minutes. The paella was quite good. I would adjust it in a few ways: first, I would leave out the tomaotes; it seemed to overpower the flavor of the saffron. Second, I would have used marinated browned tempeh cubes instead of the lima beans. Or, use both a cut the lima beans from 1 cup to about 1/2 cup. Overall, we really enjoyed this dish, so give it a try!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home